ABC Corporation acquired $6,000,000 of 10% bonds on July 1, 2008. Interest was payable semiannually on Jun 30 and December 31. Management had the positive intent and ability to hold the bonds to maturity, which matured 2 years later. The market interest rate was 12% for bonds of similar risk and maturity. (P/A, 6%, 4) =3.47; (P/F, 6%, 4) =0.79Required: (1) Determine the amortized cost of the bonds on December 31 2008 and June 30 2009. And write down the related journal entries.(2) If the economic environment changed in 2009, and ABC sold the bonds at $6,100,000, July 1 2009. Make the journal entry to record the sale.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.