Calculating of Individual costs and WACC Dillon Labs has asked its financial manager to measure the cost of each specific type of capital as well as the weighted average cost of capital. The weighted average cost is to be measured by using the following weights: 40% long-term debt, 20% preferred stock, and 40% common stock equity (retained earnings, new common stock, or both). The firm’s tax rate is 22. Debt The firm can sell for $1010 a 16 year, $1,000 par value bond paying annual interest at a 7.00% coupon rate. A flotation cost of 2% of the par value is required. Preferred stock 7.50% (annual dividend) preferred stock having a par value of $100 can be sold for $98. An additional fee of $3 per share must be paid to the underwriters. Common stock The firms common stock is currently selling for $80 per share. The stock has paid a dividend that has gradually increased for many years, rising from $3.00 ten years ago to the $5.63 dividend payment, D0, that the company just recently made. If the company wants to issue new new common stock, it will sell them $3.00 below the current market price to attract investors, and the company will pay $4.00 per share in flotation costs. a. Calculate the after-tax cost of debt b. Calculate the cost of preferred stock. c. Calculate the cost of commons stock (both retained earnings and new common stock). d. Calculate the WACC for Dillon Labs.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.