Can I get help with this?Part 2: Process CostingIntrepid Industries manufactures sterile parts used in medical equipment. The company uses the weighted-average process costing method to account for production costs. It produces parts in three different departments: Forming, Sterilization, and Assembling. The following information was reported for the Assembling Department for the month of June:Beginning work-in-progress inventory on June 1 had 250,000 units made up of the following:AmountDegree of CompletionPrior department costs transferred in from the Forming Department$387,600100%Costs added by the Steril-ization Department:Direct materials317,200100%Direct labor120,05040%Manufacturing overhead67,10030%$504,350Work in process, June 1$891,950During June, 580,000 units were transferred in from the Forming Department at a cost of $1,870,000. The Assembling Department added the following costs:Assembling finished 480,000 units and transferred them to the Sterilization Department. At June 30, the number of units in ending work-in-progress inventory was 350,000. The degree of completion of work-in-process inventory at June 30 was as indicated below:Prepare a correctly formatted (including heading) production cost report (seeExhibit 8.11 as a example report) using the weighted-average method.Managementwantstolowerthecostsofmanufacturingtheparts.Ithasestablished the following per unit targets for this product in the Assembling Department: materials,$1.65; labor, $.62; and manufacturing overhead $0.48. Has the product achievedmanagement’s cost targets in the Assembling Department? Write a short report tomanagement containing your answer(s).© PENN FOSTER, INC. 2017 COST ACCOUNTING PAGE 4Graded ProjectDirect materials$974,800Direct labor318,600Manufacturing overhead202,000Total costs added$1,495,400Direct materials80%Direct labor65Manufacturing overhead30C. Prepare a correctly formatted (including heading) production cost report (seeExhibit 8.12 as a example report) using the FIFO method using the data given in Question A with one exception: the beginning direct materials costs as of June 1listed in work-in-process should be $315,700 instead of $317,200.D. Using data from the FIFO report, write a short report to management addressingthe issues raised in Question B.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.