On 1 April 2016, the directors of XYZ Ltd invited applicants for 200 000 ordinary share price of $4.5 per share, payable $3 on application, $1 on allotment and the balance when needed to be called at a later date. By the 30 April 2016 closing date, applications for 210 000 shares were received. On I May the directors decided to allot 200,000 ordinary shares on a first-in-first-served basis to the applicants. The directors refunded the money in relation to unsuccessful applications. The allotment money was received by 15 May 2016. The issue was underwritten at a commission of was paid on 15 May 2016.On 1 September 2016, the directors made a further call for the remaining unpaid balance. All outstanding call monies except a parcel of 10 000 shares were received by 30 September.On 1 October 2016, the directors decided to forfeit the 10 000 shares. On 5 October 2016, the forfeited shares were reissued as fully paid ordinary shares for a consideration of $4.1 per share. Costs of forfeited and reissue amounted to $700. The balance related to forfeited shares was refunded to the former shareholders on 20 November.On 1 December 2016, the directors decided to redeem 50,000 $100 debentures at a premium of 5%, i.e. at $105.Required:Prepare journal entries to record all of the above events.Narrations/Descriptions are NOT required. (15 marks)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.