Two trains leave a station at the same time, traveling in opposite directions. One travels 20mph faster than the other. In 4 hours, the trains are 900 miles apart. Find the speed of each train. Let x represent the speed travelled by train A,then the speed for train B will be (x+20) Time=Total Distance/(Total Speed) here time is given by 4hrs,and the total speed is equal to sum of speed for train A and B and the total distance is 900 miles 900/(x+x+20 )=4 900/(2x+20)=4 cross-multiplying gives 8x+80=900,collecting like terms and solving for x gives 8x=820 x=102.5 Therefore the speed for train A is given by 102.5mph and that of train B is 102.5+20=122.5mph Thanks hope to work with you in future
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.